I’ve often found myself saying…..”I wish I started looking after my skin better when I was much younger….” and I’ve come to learn that as much as one should start looking after their skin from as young an age as they can, that it’s never too late to start! I had the privilege of going trough a 3 month skin rejuvenation program with Libi Roos and my skin has never felt better. Libi is from Vredehoek in Cape Town and was recommended to me by some friends of mine who have been going to her for years and have also said that they now can’t live without her TLC. I want to run you through my treatments from start to finish so you can see how I got to my final result….which I’m ecstatic with 🙂
Treatment 1: The Power Hour
- We started off with a very light pigment balancing peel which is sun safe, meaning that there is no downtime at all which is amazing. The peel gives your skin an incredible glow and that’s just to start.
- Next, an enzyme based clay exfoliator to remove all the dead surface skin cells.
- She then did something called Carboxytherapy around the eyes for tightening, lifting and firming. This is the craziest feeling as Libi actually had to stick a small needle into the skin underneath my eyes where she then infused gaseous carbon dioxide into the subcutaneous tissue which instantly made my eyes puff up and almost a look a little swollen but the puffiness went down pretty quickly and all it did was smooth out the fine lines below my eyes….AMAZING!
- She followed the Carboxytherapy with a Laser Genesis treatment for skin tightening and rejuvenation again giving the skin a gorgeous glow.
- Libi then had me wear her infamous LED light mask which enhances the results from the laser, firms the skin, aids in the healing process of the skin cells and just all round rejuvenates the skin.
- We finished off with a Vitamin C quench hydrating mask which quite literally felt like heaven on my skin.
Treatment 2: Glow Facial ~ O2 Lift Treatment
- We started of with a gel to milk cleanser just to clean and prep the skin.
- Then came the Enzyme Facial Peel which speeds up the natural chemical reactions in the skin that renew skin cells while exfoliating dead cells.
- Oxygenating facial masque which actually starts to bubble on your skin after application and works to oxygenate, purify and hydrate the skin.
- Stem cell facial Enhancer which is an intensive, highly preventative booster serum designed to add high level active ingredients to achieve maximum protection against aging skin and damaged cells.
- She then applied the Prevention & Daily Tinted Moisturiser SPF30 which looked and felt incredible on my skin. It’s super important to wear sunscreen on your face EVERYDAY and with the gorgeous tinted ones available on the market now, all you’ll have left to do is put on a bit of mascara and you’ll be out the door.
What I really loved about this treatment was that once again there was absolutely NO downtime.
For my final treatment, Libi wanted me to try Dermapen which to be honest had me a little nervous upfront mainly due to the fact that I had never done it before and also because when I Googled it I saw some really crazy pictures of what “micro-needling” can do. Dermapen is a process whereby micro needles puncture small holes into the outer layer of the skin causing “micro-trauma” which then induces an immune response, and subsequently, the creation of new healthy collagen as the skin heals itself. Sounds WILD right! Libi reassured me that I didn’t need to panic at all and guaranteed me that this would be my favourite treatment yet…..and she wasn’t wrong!
Treatment 3: DERMAPEN
- Libi applied a numbing cream to my face which she left on for 30 minutes so that I would be comfortable during my treatment which she then cleaned off completely.
- Dermapen (0,5mm depth) over the whole face which took around 20 minutes to complete. I must say that even with my skin being a little numb I could still feel the needles a bit but it was bearable. In a way it actually felt like she was taking off a lot more skin than what she really was and she kept reassuring me that I wasn’t even going that red never mind drawing any blood which made me relax a little more.
- Next up was Mesotherapy where Libi applied a cocktail vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin C, Hyaluronic acid and anti-oxidants to each area after she was done because with the tiny holes in my skin being open it was really important the get the best topical products on immediately so my skin could quite literally drink them all in.
- Next up a Rejuvenating Silk Masque was applied which stimulates DNA repair and provides deep moisture to the dermis and epidermis. It felt SO soothing and cooling on my skin after the Dermapen which was really lovely.
- Libi added some Laser skin tightening after the mask just for an extra little kick to the treatment.
- We finished off with the infamous LED mask which helped with the little bit of inflammation I had post Dermapen.
Immediately after the treatment my skin was a little red and burning just ever so slightly but I was really surprised to see that it wasn’t looking bad at all. By day 2 the redness had already started to dissipate and by day 3 my skin looked fantastic! The results can be seen from 1 to 8 weeks later but I could definitely see results after just a few days and they just keep getting better and better. For lasting and more significant results it’s recommended you go for 4-6 treatments ~ spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart.
Right from the beginning Libi said to me that “combo treatments” are the way to go and I really couldn’t agree with her more. I LOVED every single treatment and it’s safe to say that she has made a client for life!!
For your tailor made package contact Libi Roos 072 850 9279 ~ Email: email@example.com
Until next time……stay beautiful 😉